Voltas AC reigns supreme in the market...in so many ways!
In sales alone, Voltas ACs scored a string of wins through the summer of 2012, with growth of 20% in volume, and over 30% in value. For three months in a row, Voltas was the top-selling brand in multi-brand outlets. By July, Voltas had grabbed 21% market share, while the nearest competitor dropped to 14.6% (from 19.6% in March).
July was also the month when Voltas outperformed all competitors in exclusive brand outlets as well, making a clean sweep of the market.
In end-August, Nielsen Brand Track announced its results in the AC category. Over and above sheer sales, Voltas was a top-scorer in so many other parameters. Comparing the figures for 2010 and 2012, we see the many ways in which Voltas has been ranked highest among 'pure AC' brands:
- In top-of-mind brand awareness, which has risen from 10% to 23%
- In un-aided brand recall, which has grown from 41% to 59%
- In Nielsen's proprietary Brand Equity Index, with an increase from 1.9 to 3.3. That's even higher than Samsung, in spite of its 'halo effect' due to multiple products
- In top-of-mind advertising recall, which rose from 8% to 18% – higher even than top-spender Panasonic
- In un-aided advertising recall, with growth from 28% to 46%...higher than very visible brands like Panasonic, Hitachi and Daikin.
The net effect of all this is that Brand Voltas reigns supreme in market share as well as mind share.